Thursday 24 May 2018

Special Blessing

Hakuna Matata - it means no worries for the rest of your days 

On the 11th of February 2017 I decided to get my son blessed by God. This was an amazing day in which I made the conscious decision to raise my son to love God. However a couple months before this my son had his naming ceremony. This is a more cultural thing rather than a religious thing, but I believe that names are very important and so my son needed to have names that have positive connotations and also a powerful meaning behind it. My son's full name means; May Jehovah exalt, Jehovah has healed & God is great. When my bubba grows up I hope he remembers the meanings of his names, which both myself, his dad and grandma chose.


On his dedication day I welcomed him into our church community. The family and I celebrated this day as it was a very important day for us all. I have been asked on several occasions as to why I chose to have a baby dedication and so in this blog post I will be sharing a few of my personal reasons why.

One of my reasons was I just really wanted to thank God for the precious gift of life and for bringing my son safely into this world without complications of any sort.


Another one of my reasons were blessings, I wanted God to bless his life and place an extra blessing over his life, for favour, protection and mercy.



What also made me want to have a dedication was the commitment which had to be made by myself and all his family at attendance, to commit to raising him up to the best of our ability in the church, Gods love and his word.


I loved the dedication as my church family also made a commitment to help or step in if or where necessary. This reminded me of all the support I have, as it really does take a village to raise a child. I am Seventh Day Adventist (S.D.A) and our baby dedication is different from christening as my son was not baptised or sprinkled with water. I feel that the decision to get baptised should be up to my child when he feels of age and is conscious of his decision. After the commitment made by the family and church community my little bundle of joy was anointed with oil and prayed for by the pastor and congregation.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed thee in the womb I knew you; 
Before you were born I sanctified you;
 I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. the motivation you show I can see what's drive you a lot and its your son I enjoy all your post they really great and they going to help Me to more understand more god bless you and your son keep sweet and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you De, i will keep trying my absolute best as that's all I can give :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig